Sunday 30 October 2011

Day 7 - Penong to Nundroo (and beyond)

The wind is still behind me!
Penong was the last true town before Norseman, 1200km West. The places in between are all roadhouses. Some are 180km apart from each other, so I'll have to bush camp in between.
I bought a 5L water container in Ceduna, so can carry 12L at most.
I met two English cyclists at Penong, who were riding from Albany to Sydney. The had just finished a ride through South America. They are both in their 60s. A friend of their son set the Guiness book of records by riding Sydney to Perth (assisted) in 9 days.
The hills have flattened out, and the trees are thinning out, so I'm approaching the true Nullarbor.
I won't be able to make any contact for the next 48 hours when I get to Nullarbor roadhouse.

Happy Halloween, I hope there are no vampires in the bush tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe you can trick or treat the passing cars? No need to dress up, bet you look scary enough! May get a few beer cans thrown at you, lol
    (good luck, Marian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob, make sure you take photos of your bush camp sites so we can see your abodes. And cant wait to see one of the endless Nullarbor. And remember, don't swat the blowflies - you never know who they are !!!! Go the Nullarborian !!! Sending you some energy for the next headwind. xx Caa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fantastic following your path on the Atlas. All the places are well marked. Hope you ditched the spider! Cup Day here in morn. Have you eaten all the nuts yet? Zac is getting his own way at the house!! The Nullarbor awaits you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following this Blog with interest...maybe I'll be inspired to do an epic ride myself.
    Like others I would like to see some pics..take some email friendly ones..
    regards...Roger

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi rob road racer. dont worry about the vampires your main problem is the UFOs between eucla and Ballidonia especially around madura by the way you should still have tail winds for a day or two. We have have hi temps but expecting thunderstorms late tomorrow then a change is due.

    sick cycling
    dick

    ReplyDelete