Tuesday 25 October 2011

Day 2 Iron Knob to Kimba 90km

A very good day for cycling. The temperature was about 25degrees, and little wind. There were some hills to climb on the last 20km.
I had the first flat tyre. There wasn't any signs of a puncture, so I assume it was the valve.
Most cars and trucks approaching from behind me gave a very wide berth - often going on the other side of the road.
 Can't believe the amount of litter on the side of the road. I'd estimate a piece of litter every meter. There was a Mercedes logo and some plastic grille just before the body of a freshly killed kangaroo - very sad. Less sad though was that it was a Merc ;-). I carried the logo for a few km , but disposed of it after getting  the flat tyre, thinking it was generating bad luck.
Speaking of litter, I found a cassette from the Little River Band. It's title is "It's a long way there".
The blowflies here are as big a Kalamata Olives. And they bite. Lucky I had a fly mesh hat on, otherwise would have tasted a few along the way. 
Tomorrow is another 90km to Wuddina. There may not be internet, so updates may not happen until Ceduna in 3 days time

No comments:

Post a Comment